Deputy Home Manager Cedars Nursing Home
Salaried contract £35,000 per annum. (Probationary period of 6 months at £33,500)
40 hours per week including weekends, Bank Holidays and nights if needed.
REPORTING TO : Home Manager Cedars Nursing Home
ACCOUNTABLE TO : Director of Homes
The Deputy Home Manager will deputise and support the Home Manager of The Cedars Nursing Home in the day-to-day running of The Cedars Nursing home. They will support the Home Manager in overseeing all activities within the home and ensure the quality of the service and care provided meets the National and local care standards and complies with national care regulations.
The Deputy Home Manager will be responsible for providing leadership on all issues relating to clinical excellence and coordinating staff to ensure that effective nursing and care services are provided, quality standards are met and maintained, clinical outcomes are recorded and measured. The role will also involve developing and maintaining an environment that supports staff in developing their clinical skills and capabilities throughout the service.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Nursing qualification (active PIN on the NMC register)
- NVQ Level 4 in Leadership and Management for Care Services
- NVQ Level 4 in Health and Social Care
- Registered Manager’s Award
- Social work qualification and registration
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Management of either:
- Adult Services
- Management of Adult Residential Services
- Practice in Adult Service
- Knowledge of a care setting and the needs of older people
- A working knowledge of the medical conditions affecting service users
- Strong ‘people’ skills and communication skills
- Good observational skills
- The ability to manage a budget
- The ability to maintain accurate records
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, local services and resources
- The ability to build effective working relationships with residents, their families, staff and other professionals.
- Experience of the client group – people with dementia end of life- palliative care.
- Experience of assessing an individual’s care and support needs
- Experience of Health & Safety legislation along with the knowledge of safeguarding of vulnerable adults (local/national policies) and the mental capacity act
- Ability to critically analyse data and solve problems
- People management including training delivery, good organisation, negotiation and influencing skills
- Computer, technology and numeracy literate
- Management experience
- To work as the nurse in charge on the floor (75% clinical 25% non-clinical = 30 hours clinical 10 hours no clinical per week).
- On call per rota.
- To deputise for the Home Manager in relation to all aspects of service provision within the home
- To deputise and have responsibility for the general day-to-day administration of the home, ensuring it is run in accordance with all national and local regulations in the Home Managers absence.
- To comply with all Legal and Professional Accountabilities, Responsibilities and Standards
- To carry out duties as delegated by The Home Manager of The Cedars Nursing Home
- To delegate those duties to appropriate persons of the personnel management of the home and staff training.
Key responsibilities relating to residents include:
• To facilitate the residents in achieving and retaining as much independent control over their lives as appropriate
• To develop ways to promote residents rights and responsibilities
• Provide information, advice and support to residents, their families and carers
• Ensure resources are in place for stimulating activities and encouraging residents to get involved
• Create the opportunity for residents to contribute to the local community and access local services
• Prepare reports in relation to residents as required.
Key Responsibilities relating to staff include:
• Performance management of Registered Nurses and care staff
• Undertake care staff appraisals and supervision
• With the Clinical Manager responsible for leading on the Registered Nurses clinical training programmes as identified at staff appraisals
• With the Clinical Manager oversee Registered Nurses inductions
• Monitor with the Home Manager the budget for The Cedars Nursing Home
• Accept allocate and process referrals for new work
• Accept and process changes and amendments to existing care packages
• Assign care workers to residents, whilst working within the standards and requirements of the company
• Work with other members of the management and administration team to ensure high quality service provision is maintained at all times
• Keep records and paper files up to date with changing information
• Assist the Home Manager with the preparation of the management reports to the Board of Trustees.
• To work clinical shifts as the Registered Nurse in charge.
• On call per rota with the Home Manager and the Clinical Manager for The Cedars Nursing Home
• IT literate
• Good organisational skills
• Good verbal & written English
• Ability to work well in a busy environment.
1. Ensure all staff members know how to use appropriate equipment
2. Attend mandatory training day/courses & staff meetings, on or off site, as and when required
3. Maintain professional knowledge and competence
HEALTH AND SAFETY
1. Report immediately to the Home Manager or person in charge any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a client, colleague, self or another
2. Understand and ensure the implementation of the Homes Health & Safety Policy, and Emergency and Fire Procedures
3. Report to the maintenance department, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture equipment or any potential hazard
4. Promote safe working practice in the home.
1. Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of your duty is not divulged to third parties
2. Notify the Home Manager or the person in charge, as soon as possible of your inability to work, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence
3. Ensure the security of the Home is maintained at all times
4. Adhere to all Company policies and Procedures within the defined timescales
5. Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained
6. Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
CEDARS CASTLE HILL reserves the right to amend this Job Description from time to time, according to business needs. Any changes will be confirmed in writing. Please note that you share with CEDARS CASTLE HILL the responsibility for making suggestions to alter the scope of your duties and improve the effectiveness of your post.
Please contact Alison Dee 01747 854699 for an application form.
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.